Updated Top 10 Aussie Online Survey Sites
⭐️ March 2021 ⭐️
Australian online surveys are the easiest way to earn extra money, but you need to know, not all online Aussie survey websites are equal.
Some offer cash, others eGift cards or vouchers. Many offer friend referrals and bonuses, which can be just as profitable as doing the surveys. I’m going to start you out with the top 10 best paid surveys Australia has to offer. If you sign up to several sites, then you’re increasing your chances of making real money.
With a little discipline and effort, I can average between $200 to $300 income per week from online surveys for money in my spare time. This is easy money and makes for a great boost to my income. Warning: Making money doing surveys can be addictive!
Are you ready to make money from surveys in Australia? Scroll down below and you’ll find a list of the best sites to get paid to do surveys Australia 2021.
If you sign up to Swagbucks now, you’ll get a $5 bonus!
Not so sure about surveys? Check out some of our other ways to make cash.
Top 10 Best Paid Surveys Australia
These are legitimate online survey websites that I personally use to earn money and rewards. Get paid now by signing up below.
What are Online Paid Surveys?
Online paid surveys in Australia are exactly as described – a survey you complete for money online. It may be hard to believe but you can get paid online to do surveys from your own computer wherever you are.
Basically, a paid survey is the same as any other survey you have completed in the past. You are asked a series of questions and really, that is it. The surveys are usually a decent length. They will often have a target market in mind so you will need to supply demographic details (ie age, gender, etc). This is completely normal and you will need to complete this before you will be given access. For this reason you may not be suitable to complete all surveys.
Once you have registered, you will generally be able to take surveys for money. However, you will only get access to surveys which are appropriate for you and then receive an email regularly when there is a paid survey available.
Obviously, it is your choice whether you complete the individual online surveys to make money depending on if you have enough free time and if the compensation seems worthwhile.
If you want to get paid for surveys in Australia, it’s a good idea to sign up for many different survey sites as any individual site is not likely to have that many surveys available for you to do at any one time.
Thankfully, there are a quite a few online survey companies which offer online surveys for cash in Australia. Below, you will find all the best online surveys for money in Australia reviews.
Survey money can come in many different forms. My favorite ones will pay you immediately via PayPal or your bank account. However, usually you will have to wait until you have completed a certain amount of online surveys for cash in Australia, and thus earned enough points, before you can cash out your money.
Some survey sites will only pay in gift vouchers, so make sure you are happy with this arrangement before signing up.
Who can do Paid Surveys Online in Australia?
Anyone can earn money doing surveys, although if it’s a survey site based in another country, ensure they cater to Australians (or your nationality) before starting. As mentioned above, survey sites will take into account your demographic data and only allow you to do online surveys for money which are appropriate for this demographic.
This means that some sites will be better than others as an income source for you. This also means that just because your mum/friend/colleague is doing well with one site doesn’t mean that you will too.
Taking surveys for money!
Paid surveys in Australia are best suited for people who have small amounts of spare time and would like to make some extra money.
I’ll be honest with you, in order to earn enough money completing surveys to quit your day job, you will have to complete quite a few surveys. At best, people can make around $200 – $300 per week and to do that you need to sign up for lots of survey sites, be the right demographic and be serious about it. For most of us, an online survey here and there is a good way to make some extra money for the occasional splurge.
For these reasons, online survey jobs can be a good option for stay at home mums who have some downtime during the day and want a quick and easy way to earn money without bothering with clients, employers, etc and permanent paid online jobs.
They can also work well for students who have some free time in the holidays or retired people who are happy to complete the occasional survey for money in Australia for an extra $50 to $100 here and there. It’s important to understand and assess the return on investment for your time. This will of course be different for every individual.
How to find Paid Online Surveys in Australia?
It is easy to find online survey sites. But be careful! A lot of the paid survey sites are scams. For this reason, we only recommend you use survey sites that you:
- Find recommended by a legitimate source like us (look at the comparison chart above or reviews below) or a friend or family member.
- Never use a site that requires a payment from you or needs details like your credit card number. Here are some scam warnings from the Australian Government about sites that do this.
- Preferably only use sites which give you relatively reasonable compensation for your time.
Once you find the site, you will then have to register to get paid to do surveys in Australia. If there are Australian surveys available that are suitable for you, you can usually start as soon as you have verified your email address. Otherwise, you will have to wait until there is a suitable offer before you can take surveys for cash.
How does it Work?
- You sign up for sites by filling in some type of registration form. Something to keep in mind is that many surveys for money in Australia have a lengthy sign up process which you may or may not be rewarded for. The questions can be quite personal.
- You complete surveys or answer questions and are rewarded a certain number of points for each one. There will not always be survey jobs available for you. Sometimes you will be matched to surveys to earn money, but after a few questions it will decide that you can not continue. You may or may not get paid something for this.
- You can exchange the points for gift vouchers/PayPal/bank transfer depending on the site once you reach a certain level.
Are Aussie Paid Surveys Legit?
Unfortunately, many of the sites are not transparent about what the rewards for surveys are and how easy it will be to make money doing surveys until AFTER you have signed up. The following table and survey site reviews should help you get started on the right programs for you.
Another thing to be weary of is that some sites will offer “competition entries” instead of points for some surveys. This means that you will be entered into a competition for a chance to win money rather than be rewarded automatically. The majority of sites have some type of competition scheme. This is fine if you are happy with this, but if you are specifically looking to complete an online survey for money, make sure you pick one of the best paid surveys.
Best Survey Sites to Make Money Australia
Quick and easy to read reviews of the best survey websites in Australia…
- Earnings: Usually $1-$3 per task | Can be up to $15
- Time: 15 – 20 minutes per task
- Rewards: PayPal cash, gift cards, vouchers, and more
- Refer a friend: $1 per referral | $5 signup bonus
More Toluna Details
Toluna allows you to respond to surveys that interest you and gives you the power of opinion in a constructive way. The surveys are interesting and rewarding, and are an opportunity for you to voice your opinion on a range of subjects. Toluna has a variety of ways to get rewarded including a 500 point “Thank You” just for signing up for free.
Answer surveys, engage in the community, and participate in daily lotteries. Earn points that can be exchanged for a reward of your choice. You can take sponsored polls for extra points and there are daily challenges which give you extra chances to win. The more you participate, the more you earn.
There are a large range of rewards from my personal favorite of PayPal cash to JB Hi-Fi, Coles, Bunnings, K-Mart or supermarket gift vouchers just to name a few. There is something for everyone.
Toluna works directly with legitimate market research companies that create the surveys, which usually take from 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
Basically 15,000 points is worth $5. A single survey can earn me between 3000 to 9000 points or $1 to $3 on average and I get plenty of opportunities to earn money online with surveys Australia focused.
Sometimes there may be a delay between completing surveys and receiving points as they are not applied until the survey is closed. I’ve never had any problems with receiving my funds. It just meant that I was waiting longer to get paid for online surveys.
Toluna Influencers is a legit online survey site with real opportunities to earn rewards by consistently completing small tasks which add up over time. If you have a few moments, sign up on their website. They also have one of the best phone based survey apps Australia offers!
- Earnings: Usually .60¢ -$4 per task | Can be up to $10
- Time: 1 – 20 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($5 min) PayPal cash, ($25 min) gift cards, coupons, Amazon vouchers
- Refer a friend: $5 signup bonus | Earn 10% of your friends earnings with no limit
More Swagbucks Details
Swagbucks is different to the other sites as they don’t just have doing surveys for money. There are a range of activities including using their search tool for the internet, playing games and watching videos. If you have a lot of time you don’t mind wasting, there are a ton of activities you can do on this site, although the return on your time is very low.
On this site, it generally takes 500 points to receive a $5 reward. To give you an indication of what work this might involve, answering the daily poll gives you 1 point, and it took watching 10 short videos for me to make 3 points.
For search, you are given points at random times. For example, you might do 30 searches without gaining any points, then get 20 points the next time you search. However, since you probably use internet search regularly anyway, getting paid to do this is a bonus.
There’s also currently a $5 bonus if you earn a certain number of points in your first 60 days.
- Earnings: Usually $1 -$5 per task | Can be more (will pay 5¢ even if screened out)
- Time: 1 – 15 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($20 min) Paypal or gift cards – Amazon, Starbucks, Gap and more
- Refer a friend: $2 for each friend after 2 surveys are completed
More PureProfile Details
A great choice if you want cash for surveys. This site usually has quite a few Australian paid surveys. I always seem to have many online surveys waiting for me whenever I log in.
It is quick and easy to join and generally has the most positive reviews from users. They pay via bank transfer once you have earned $25. The maximum amount they will pay you is $50 over a 60 day period. It’s another solid choice for the best paid surveys in Australia.
- Earnings: Usually $4 -$8 per task | Can make over $16 per hour (will pay 5¢ even if screened out)
- Time: 1 – 10 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($20 min) Bank transfer or gift cards – Target, Amazon, Starbucks, Coles, iTunes and more
- Refer a friend: $1 for every friend that joins and $1 for each of the first 19 surveys they complete. Up to $20 for each friend you refer.
More Octopus Group Details
Octopus Group is a very easy way to get paid for online surveys in Australia. The sign up process is simple and the questionnaire only takes a few minutes to complete once you are signed up.
The most attractive part about Octopus Group is that they promise they are one of the best paid survey sites Australia. In fact, they promise they are the highest paid surveys in Australia – at least double their competitors and you should be able to earn at least $16.80 an hour from doing their surveys. If this wasn’t good enough, they also pay cash for surveys in Australia.
The best part, however, is how quick and easy they are to get paid. I have had no problems transferring money straight into my bank account. I have even managed figures like $300.
If you are looking for surveys online for money, it is definitely worth signing up for this site. When I first signed up, I was disappointed not to find any surveys, but be patient. There was one waiting for me the next day.
I recommend downloading their app to your phone then you can be notified when there is a new survey as their best paid online surveys are popular and each survey is only available to a set number of respondents. It’s a great choice of legitimate paid surveys in Australia.
- Earnings: Up to $4 per task | (20 points even if screened out)
- Time: 1 – 8 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($20 min)PayPal cash, ($10 min) eGift cards
- Refer a friend: 100 points for first 5 friends
More MyOpinions Details
MyOpinions is quick and easy to join initially. However, then there are a lot of questions to finish your profile. They give you (limited) points for filling in profile information and answering quick questions.
There are many gift voucher options as well as PayPal. Basically 1,100 points = $10. You can also earn money by referring others.
It is hard to tell exactly how much can you can be paid for online surveys in an hour as there is no choice in survey, they keep giving you whatever is there which is using short 1-3 questions for only 3 points. In about an hour of this, I made a couple of dollars.
- Earnings: $2 – $4 per task | 100 point welcome bonus
- Time: 10 – 20 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($25 min) PayPal cash, eGift cards, Air Asia points, charity donations
- Refer a friend: Usually $5 for every friend that completes at least six surveys
More YouGov Details
Once you sign up, you’ll be instructed to take an initial survey which doesn’t take long at all and rewards you with 100 points.
One thing to note – you need to be fast to complete the survey! Surveys are offered everyday and fill up fast. Ensure you have notifications switched on so that you don’t miss them.
The choice of rewards isn’t huge, but they do have PayPal vouchers and you can also make donations and transfer points to AirAsia directly to points. The website is also super simple to use.
- Earnings: Usually $1 -$5 per task | Can be more
- Time: 15 – 20 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($20 min) eGift cards
- Refer a friend: $2 for each referral that completes a survey
More Valued Opinions Details
Valued Opinions has become one of my favorite sites to earn money with online surveys. What makes it so great is their transparency – with each survey you’ll know how much you’ll earn and how long it should roughly take.
The rewards are just as transparent. Once you amass $20, you’ll be able to receive a a gift card for the amount. They offer a good range of gift cards from top brands including Coles, Bunnings and more, so it’s the next best alternative to receiving cash.
- Earnings: $1 – $3 per task | 5 points even if screened out
- Time: 5 – 20 minutes per task
- Rewards: eGift cards or physical gift cards (Amazon, iTunes, Wish , Bunnings, JB Hi-Fi, Priceline and more
- Refer a friend: 500 points per referral ($5)
More MyView Details
MyView is definitely one of the simplest sites to use, and their sign up process is also one of the most straight forward. Signing up for an account only requires you to fill in some details and answer a few standard questions. You are then prompted to complete the first couple of surveys so that they can find surveys that best suit you. You will not earn points for these initial surveys but they take less than 5 minutes to complete.
You will receive regular invites to complete surveys. Once you have around 1000-2000 points you can redeem gift cards and other vouchers with your points. You can also converts points to MyViewMoney and receive a voucher. The points can build pretty fast as most surveys give around 100-300 points.
Another great part of this site is that every month they give away $2000 in total, and the more surveys you complete, the higher your chance is of winning a share.
- Earnings: $1 -$4 per task | 20¢ even if screened out
- Time: 1 – 15 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($10 min) Cash thru PayPal, eGift cards, charity donations
- Refer a friend: not yet
More LiveTribe Details
I haven’t been using Live Tribe Panel for long, but in the short time I have been using it I’ve found it to be a great way to earn some extra cash.
After a relatively easy signup, you’re quickly instructed to take your first survey. Surveys are quick and easy and there is more than just simple money for surveys on offer – they offer free reward programs which means there is always free stuff up for grabs. You’ll can also spend your time playing games for prizes so it’s definitely worth being consistent.
LiveTribe offers both cash and gift voucher rewards, but a warning – you do have to be quick to complete surveys. Their surveys seem to fill up fast. I recommend setting up email notifications so that you don’t miss a single offer.
- Earnings: $1 – $4 per task | Can be more
- Time: 5 – 15 minutes per task
- Rewards: eGift Cards Amazon, iTunes, MasterCard and more
- Refer a friend: $1 per referral after first survey completion
More Opinion Bureau Details
Opinion Bureau is very easy to use and I found that I started earning money instantly. Just by signing up and doing the first 5 minute survey I earned $6.
Under “current surveys” you’ll be able to see the surveys pending. Straight away I had 2 surveys waiting for me – one took 15 minutes and earned me $1.25 and the other took 20 minutes and earned me $2.50, so within 40 minutes of signing up I had earned just under $10.
The best part is that they pay through PayPal so what you earn is directly transferable to cash. They also have a good range of coupons to choose from.
- Earnings: On average $1 – $5 per task | Can be more
- Time: 3 – 10 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($10 min) Cash thru PayPal
- Refer a friend: about $2 per friend after they complete 3 surveys
More MOBROG Details
What makes this one of the best Australian survey site is that they offer plenty of chances to win free stuff online, holding regular prize draws which you get entered into just for completing paid surveys for cash Australia.
Our Online Survey Australia review found MOBROG initially quick and easy to join and is very appealing because you can do surveys directly through their app. This means easy surveys during your lunch break or even riding the public transport.
We can definitely say that MOBROG is a legitimate survey website and not a scam. While they may not pay very much per task, they do pay out regularly and are very honest about what they can offer you.
This Aussie surveys for cash site pays on average $1 to $5 per survey which is what I’ve found to be the case for the surveys I completed and was paid for. The minimum cash draw is approximately $10 and went very smoothly using Paypal.
- Earnings: Usually .50 -$1 | 100 point signup bonus
- Time: 1 – 10 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($5 min) eGift Cards or ($50 min) Cash via bank transfer
- Refer a friend: Earn 10% of your friends earnings with no limit
More Rewardia Details
If you want to start earning money with online surveys as soon as possible, Rewardia is a site you should definitely sign up to. Their surveys don’t pay particularly well but, you receive 100 points just for joining, as well as they offer a wide variety of ways to earn points.
Here are a few of the many different ways to earn points with Rewardia:
- Complete surveys. Surveys are the highest earners but they aren’t always available, and after a few initial questions you could be screened out of the survey if you don’t fit the profile of who they are looking for at that time.
- Play games. Plenty of people play online games. Rewardia offers you the chance to get paid for it. There are always games to play, so the more you play, the more you earn.
- Promo codes. You can join the email list or get codes off Facebook for a points boost that varies every day. Very few sites offer promo codes daily to keep members happy like Rewardia.
- Various activities. Rewardia offers many simple tasks that will earn you a few points, like watching videos or going to a particular website to check the weather or perform other tasks.
- Referral program. Rewardia have a generous referral program. You will receive 10% of any points earned by people who have signed up using your referral link. If you can recruit active members, it’s a great way to earn points. You will earn 10% of your friend’s earnings on purchases, Surveys and Games for life.
This is one Aussie online survey site you’ll want to be signed up to!
- Earnings: $1 – $5 per task | Can be up to $50
- Time: 5 – 15 minutes per task
- Rewards: ($5 min) Cash thru PayPal or eGift cards Amazon, Target, Walmart, Sephora and more
- Refer a friend: not yet
More Survey Junkie Details
A survey site I’ve been going to more often is Survey Junkie, and I wish I had found it sooner. I love it! It’s earning a place as one of the top surveys for money online Australia offers due to its high payouts of up to $50.
First, they use a points system and most surveys over 40 points. I love that even if I am not a fit for the survey, I am still rewarded for the time spent.
I also love how transparent the surveys are. Although they award you points, they’ll also give you an estimate of exactly how much those points translate into dollars so that you can assess whether it’s worth your time. Surveys don’t take too long and I actually find them quite enjoyable.
One point is equal to one cent. So a survey with a 200-point reward will earn you $2. It will take $5 in your account (500 points) to cash out.
What’s best is that they have plenty of options to earn money doing surveys Australia, like gift cards and cash via PayPal. If you are still asking are online surveys legit, for some of the highest paid surveys Australia offers, I recommend trying Survey Junkie.
How to make Money from Surveys Now
- Sign up for the best survey sites Australia that most appeal above.
- Set up your profile, verify your email and try to do surveys for money for a month.
- Evaluate if it is worth your effort continuing to try to earn money with online surveys.
Other Ways to Make Cash
With the IRI Shopper Panel, you can earn gift vouchers and enter prize draws easily by letting the companies know what you buy in your shopping.
The Cashback Research offer allows you to get paid for reading emails or participating in clinical studies.
- Have you tried surveys that pay money?
- What is your pick of the best paid survey sites?
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. This means that for no extra charge to you, we may receive a small payment if you sign up for one of the Australian paid survey sites. We do not recommend any company we have not researched and tried ourselves. We cannot guarantees that you will have the same results from money making surveys as we have had, but it is entirely possible to make money doing surveys in Australia and quick and easy to get started!